So join forces in the fellowship of the unashamed, covenant together, jump out of the boat, and wade into the deep, safe in the knowledge that Jesus is there. Embrace the uncertainty and adventure of the next exciting chapter in your life, which will be... God knows what, God knows where, God knows when, God knows with whom, and God knows how. He knows the answers. You may or may not. That's why we live by faith. That's the call to radical discipleship. Are you up for the challenge? Bring it on! (S Guillebaud)

Friday 15 April 2011

Jos Break Day 67 - 70

We ended up staying in Jos a couple of days longer than expected to give Lynsey and Abi plenty of time to recover. This is my update for those days.

Day 67 (Sunday 10th April)

I was woken up early to be told Abi is poorly and that we were leaving a bit earlier than expected. Luka picked us up and took us all back to Jos.

When I got home the first thing I did was have a shower and feel normal, it was amazing! I got a call from Katie saying loads of people are going swimming at a local hotel. It was amazing after three hot weeks in Kagoro!

I spent the evening with Phil from Hillcrest, we chilled out, had much needed man time and played Rock Band Hero. I played the drums which was entertaining, I needed Jon Caws to show me how its done, but I played my heart out in honour of him!

Day 68 (Monday 11th April)

Today I had my first car incident (minor bump) in Nigeria, don’t worry mum it was fine, not my fault, and my car was fine. I was driving the girls to town and the guy behind drove into us. I think the tow bar did a good job of protecting us, we kinda kept going because we were hot and grumpy. I left the girls eating in the Net Cafe because they wanted girly time, and went off shopping on my own. I was looking for things for Gyero.

I had a strange afternoon, I will leave it there, and then chilled out with Phil in the evening again.

Day 69 (Tuesday 12th April)

I drove to town again and did some shopping for Gyero. I had lunch at the Net Cafe, a meat pie, and pistachio ice cream, how I’ve missed Jos food!

I had a meeting with Lynsey and Ricky which went well, Ricky and Angie took me out for dinner to Kingsbite which was really nice. Noah was well behaved for a 1 year old, and very cute.

Day 70 (Wednesday 13th April)

Today was very quiet and I didn’t leave my compound. I wanted to visit Gyero and Gidan Bege, but the schools are on holiday so there wasn’t much point. I spent my time working from home doing exciting things such as preparing a sample lesson plan for the teachers.

Sorry that this has been a boring blog update, I’ll try and make my next one on Ogugu more interesting :) My phone number until the 2nd May is +2347057632333 When I get back to Jos on the 2nd May my number will return to +2348136835300.

If any of you want to send me any post I have added my address to the left hand side of my blog. I haven’t received anything and the others are getting refugee style packages and letters!

No comments:

Post a Comment