So join forces in the fellowship of the unashamed, covenant together, jump out of the boat, and wade into the deep, safe in the knowledge that Jesus is there. Embrace the uncertainty and adventure of the next exciting chapter in your life, which will be... God knows what, God knows where, God knows when, God knows with whom, and God knows how. He knows the answers. You may or may not. That's why we live by faith. That's the call to radical discipleship. Are you up for the challenge? Bring it on! (S Guillebaud)

Wednesday 2 February 2011

The time has come

For those of you that haven't figured / heard, in a few hours, 10.15pm to be precise I will be getting on a plane at Terminal 5 to Abuja, and then on to Jos. It's all come round really quickly, and I still feel that I must have forgotten something. I realised half an hour ago that have 4 lots of shower gel and no shampoo rather than 1 of each, but it all adds interest. I have remembered my passport, ticket, insurance, and anti-malerials which I think are the only crucial things.

I weighed my bags just now and they are 69.15kg which is pretty impressive considering I chucked everything in in a random flurry and my luggage allowance is 69kg. I'm hoping the nice person on BA check in lets me off the 150g otherwise I'll be rooting through my bag to find something to put in my hand luggage. My individual bags are spot on 23kg each which is the max, I think God must have packed my bags for me because it was a complete guess, and as I said I just chucked everything in.

There has been a fair amount of unrest in Jos recently, and it's been a bit up in the air as to whether I can go there, but it's full steam ahead, and that's where I will be tomorrow. There is talk of doing some stuff in the rural areas in a couple of weeks which I'd love to do. I will be going out on my own because I'm currently the only one with a visa. I'm expecting to be joined by Lynsey on Saturday who is going to Jos for the next 2 years plus to look after the short term missionaries. The other 2 girls Bethan and Ali are going to join me when they get visas over the next couple of weeks.

I don't really have any more to say at the moment, but I'll update this when I'm settled in as soon as I can. If you want to be notified by email when I update my blog please subscribe on the left hand side with your email address.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Neil, I got up-to-date with your blog this-morning. You soooo have to turn your story into a book once you have spent your 6 months out there - I'd definitely buy it!! Have a great time out there, and keep the posts coming. xx

    ReplyDelete